Calling out to all the sufferers of conditions like Cervical Spondylosis, Frozen Shoulder, Tight Shoulders, Neck Pain, Osteoarthritis etc. Watch my upcoming six days series of video blogs on Cervical Spondylosis and simplest remedies. Practice it and experience the relief it will bring to your chronic problems. This series has hooked in fingers, in common, which is important to enhance the strengthening or arms and shoulders.
Elbows pulled apart with fingers hooked and clasped together
- Sit or stand with your spine in a neutral position
- Stretch your arms out, fold your elbows and hook your right-hand fingers with your left-hand fingers; you have basically assumed Ganesh Mudra
- Once the grasp is firm and secure, start pulling your elbows apart in opposite direction
- The chest will broaden out and shoulder blades will come closer to each other.
- Use as much power as you can to keep your elbows apart
- You will feel activation of the area in and around your shoulders and your upper arms. Basically, you are working on stretching and thus strengthening that specific areas, which tends to become weak due to our postural misalignment.
- Hold for 10 seconds with normal breathing. Repeat 5 times
- Increase the duration of the stretch gradually to 20-30 seconds each time round
- Not holding your breath
- And not straining your neck by pushing your head forward
The video is also recommended for stiff shoulders, upper back weakness, firm breast etc. In fact, the hand gesture assumed in this is Ganesh Mudra and is beneficial for overcoming fear and instilling self-confidence. Ganesh Mudra is connected with the element, Panchamahabhuta – Fire and thereby is instrumental in stimulating metabolism and digestion as well.
Make sure to change the position of the hooked fingers with each routine (if right hand is closer to the chest in first stretch, then the next stretch should have the left hand closer to the chest. So that there is an even stretching and strengthening. Do not forget to check our blog on the second routine tomorrow.
You can also add in your practice:
- Hands in and hands out
- Arms up and arms down
- Easing Cervical Spondylosis on the go
- How to perform cat & cow pose
Checkout my Yoga Videos on YouTube (Shammi’s Yogalaya)
Discover Yoga Discover Yourself
For any query, write to “Contact” on www.shammisyogalaya.com
Shammi Gupta, founder of Shammi’s Yogalaya holds an MA in Yoga Shastra, is a certified Yogic Therapist and Naturopath, has completed an Advanced Yoga Course and holds a Diploma in Yoga Education from Mumbai University. She is a certified trainer from American College of Sports Medicine and holds an MBA in HR & MBA in Finance from The University of Akron, Ohio, USA. She conducts Health Awareness Workshops for Corporate, Yogasana Workshops for Athletes and Yoga Therapy Workshops on different medical issues for patients. Among the celebrities Shammi trains are eminent personalities from the film and television industry and corporate world.