75 hours Prenatal Postnatal Yoga Teachers Training
Dr. Sudeshna Ray
This 75- hour Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher’s Training Program is commencing on May 10, 2020. This will be online and would be conducted through zoom. This would be a 3 hours everyday program 2-5 pm and would continue for 25 days.
During this program, the participants would be taken through the foundational details of pre to post pregnancy from anatomical and medical perspective. This part would be covered by the expert in her field, Dr. Sudeshna Ray.
They would be introduced to the Yogic World of Garbha Sanskar by Shammi Gupta who has been working in this field with multiple pregnancy cases from last 10 years. The program is categorized into three parts:
The Gynecological Education
- Maternal Physiology in pregnancy
- Placenta in pregnancy
- Normal fetal growth
- Pre-conceptional counselling
- Antenatal care
- Miscarriage and abortion
- First trimester problems and care
- High blood pressure in pregnancy
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Other common complications in pregnancy
- Pain in pregnancy
- Preterm labour
- Abnormal fetal growth
- Multiple pregnancy
- Normal labour
- Instrumental and caesarean delivery
- Induced labour
- Obstetric emergencies
- Post natal care
1. Physical practice at yogic level
- Conception phase – The yogic practices for enhancing fertility
- Prenatal yoga – at each trimester
- Labor journey – specific practices during labor
- Post Pregnancy Recovery
2. Yog and Emotional Health
- Hormonal changes are closely associated with woman and thereby, with their moods. As a result, mood swing is common during this time. Yog can play a positive role in maintaining the homeostasis during this period.
3. Garbha Sanskar
- Being pregnant can be the best blessings of the nature. That blessing, however, needs to be nurtured with love and care inside the womb so that he or she brings the same when out of the womb.
During pregnancy and post pregnancy
- Form naturopathy perspective
- From supplements perspective
Once the exam is over, the participants would need to sit for formal exam. Only upon clearance, the certification would be provided. For more information, connect with us on +91 9821775525.
Dr. Sudeshna Ray is a gynaecologist and obstetrician practicing in Jaslok, HN Reliance and Breach Candy hospitals, Mumbai. She has been trained in India and UK and has an experience of more than 20 years in India, UK and Europe. She is specialized in taking care of normal and complicated pregnancies and scarless, key hole and Robotic gynaecological surgeries.
Since graduating from medical school in 1994, Dr Sudeshna has gone on to have an impressive career and has dedicated more than 25 years to the field of women’s health. She is well-known in her field and is an active member of the Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists India (FOGSI). Dr Sudeshna is very prominent in both academia and teaching, with many book chapters to her name, and an active national speaker on various aspects of woman care.
She is renowned for her hands-on approach, personalized care and meticulous attention to detail, making her a popular choice with both first-time mothers and a loyal following of repeat patients. Dr Sudeshna Ray believes in the philosophy of providing a positive birth experience for all parents to be.
Shammi Gupta, a lifelong yog practitioner, who has dedicated her life to bring holistic wellness and wellbeing in people’s life, at different stages of their living, using Yog and Naturopathy as the tools of treatment.
As much as pregnancy adds the value of a new member in our life, it is equally challenging to pass through it smoothly. There are lot of medical conditions which becomes active during pregnancy and mostly gets over after delivery. However, that problems may hold on to in some corner and may flare up in future. Also, if not tackled appropriately, it may turn this beautiful journey of life into a painful journey.
Dr. Manisha Gogri
M.B.B.S. – Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital , Mumbai
Certified Childbirth Educator from Childbirth International
Certified Pre & Post natal fitness instructor from Moms in Motion, Sara’s City Workout (Chicago)
Mother support group(MSG) Counsellor, and Trainer in basic and advanced lactation management- BPNI Maharashtra
Leader for La Leche League International-the largest voluntary mother support group in the world
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
Certified Prenatal bonding facilitator(USA)
Trained at International Breastfeeding Centre-Toronto, Canada
- Conceptualised and started a pregnancy program called FIT FOR BIRTH, for couples in Mulund, Ghatkopar and Thane in 2002, at a time when no such program existed in these parts of the city. More than 3000 couples (which include Medical professionals) have so far benefited from these classes.
- Has trained Doctors, Medical students, Nurses, as well as grass root level IYCN Anganwadi Health Workers (ICDS) and aspiring mother support group leaders.
- Currently the secretary of BPNI Maharashtra and supports the MSG program in Municipal Hospitals in Mumbai.
- Conducting free meetings for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers to provide information and support.
- Also provides support long distance via telephone, emails, whatsapp and facebook groups.
- Has worked as a Lactation Consultant at Shivani Maternity Hospital and Seven Hills hospital in Mumbai.
- Has worked as a trainer and mentor for CAPPA India Lactation Educator Programme.
- Presently she works as a Visiting Lactation Consultant at LH Hiranandani Hospital Powai and also has her private practice in Powai.
- Recently appointed as Head for South East Asia Region in the Global Collaboration Committee of ILCA (International lactation Consultants association).
- Has been a member of National and International Organisations such as:
La Leche League
International Lactation Consultants Association
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
International Association of Tongue-tie Professionals
BPNI Delhi and Maharashtra
Human Milk Banking Association of India
1 thought on “75 hours Prenatal Postnatal Yoga Teachers Training”
Thank you for an excellent blog. The information you have given is very interesting and helpful. Will definitely bookmark it!. prenatal yoga class online