Step 1: Perform Utthita Trikonasana (triangle) with right palm towards the right leg
Step 2: Bend your right knee and place your right hand a foot in front of your right toes; look down at the floor
Step 3: Your left hand is on the left side of the waist
Step 4: Start slowly sliding your left leg towards your right leg; this will help move your body weight to the right side, making your left leg light for the lift; in the process, try to lengthen your right leg and straighten it in a very gradual motion
Step 5: Inhale and raise your left leg off the floor and towards the ceiling as much as possible
Step 6: Your right leg is almost straight with unlocked knee
Step 7: Raise your left arm up towards the ceiling
Step 8: Inhale and turn your head up to look at your left thumb
Step 9: Your whole body is firm and stretched with opposing forces completely active to hold the posture stable; arms are stretched away from each other; legs are stretched away from each other; spine is lengthened in a vertical extension
Step 10: Stay there for 30 seconds with normal breathing; look down and slowly release in reverse order, relax and repeat on the other side
Tips: Maintaining the stretch, push your waist (the one facing the floor) up towards the ceiling as much as possible. This will melt your love handles to get a perfect curvy waist.
- Ardha Chandrasana tones the lower region of the spine and the nerves connected with the leg muscles.
Improves health of your Knee
- The standing leg on the floor would need to involve its thigh muscles optimally to bring the firmness and the stability in the posture which, in turn, will improve the health of the knee.
Deals with Woman Issues
Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
- Performing this posture in repetition against the wall reduces discharge in case you have excessive bleeding. Ensure that you do not stay too long in the pose during the attempts.
- Helps easing abdominal cramps or tautness
- Is helpful in case of fibroids, cysts or endometriosis
- Checks bleeding during pregnancy
- Eliminates discomfort, heaviness, and throbbing in the breast
- Strengthens the spine and pelvic muscles
- Expands the lower abdominal region, allowing the fetus to float freely
- Strengthens the placenta
- Reduces itching
- Reduces nausea and vomiting
- Prevents cramps and releases pressure on the pelvic nerve
Caution: Do with support or under supervision in case of pregnancy especially during advance pregnancy
Avoid in case of severe knee pain and during menstrual cycle